Sunday, September 20, 2015

Grief

When a family member is terminally ill or dies, it can be difficult for children to express their feelings.  As school counselors, we are responsible for helping students through this difficult process. When I began my job as a school counselor, I was told that the counselor before me "didn't do death" as he wasn't comfortable talking to students about this topic.  I agree that it is an uncomfortable topic but I think it is important for students to have a go-to-person in the school to help them through the process.  The resources below encourage children to understand and deal with the feelings that they may be experiencing: 






















Free on TPT:

Grief Small Group Ideas

Stages of Grief Activity Guide

Grief Activity: Helping Students Cope with Grief

Ten Tips for Supporting a Grieving Student

Child Bereavement Lesson Plans


1 comment:

  1. I am pleased to see your Content. The manner you describe packaging Benefits well in this Blog
    Custom Round Boxes

    ReplyDelete