Tuesday, September 15, 2015

A Bug and a Wish (conflict resolution and problem solving)

I use A Bug and a Wish to teach elementary students to problem solve using I-Statements.  The I-Statements are replaced by saying "It BUGS me when you tease me, and I WISH you would stop.

Description from Amazon:  When Tyler is teased by the other boys, his good friend, Danae, encourages him to give the boys A Bug and a Wish.  When Tyler finds a ladybug and a dandelion seed, he is convinced that this is what Danae means.  As his friends help him to learn the true meaning of her advice, Tyler soon discovers the solution to his problem.

Counseling Connections for A Bug and a Wish

Activity to go along with A Bug and a Wish

A bug and a wish conflict resolution cards

Friendship Bugs by creative elementary school counselor

A bug and a wish classroom poster

It bugs me when...(craft idea) +when something is bugging me I can say...

A bug and a wish cut-out

What do I do that bugs others?

Lesson Plan

Lesson Idea

A Bug and a Wish...Dealing with Tattling

TPT: Citizen Pack with A Bug and a Wish


No comments:

Post a Comment