Monday, February 9, 2015

Counseling Documents (Data Collection and Parent Contact)

Today I am sharing two forms that I use on a daily basis.  The first form is a form that teachers fill out for new student referrals and the second form is the form that I send home with students after each counseling session so that their parent/gaurdian knows what they are working on in counseling.

Referral Process.  Anyone can refer a student to see me for school counseling services.  I get the majority of my referrals from teachers.  Either way, once I have a student referred for services, I give the teacher this form:  Data Collection.  The teacher fills out the form and returns it to me.  I then use this information to come up with goals for the student.  This form usually stays between the teacher and I but there have been cases where it has been shared with parents.  I usually begin seeing the student within one week of the referral date.  I then begin using this form:  Parent Follow-up.  I use the parent follow-up form so that parents feel in-the-loop.  I make a copy for myself and keep the copy in my file.  This form has been a life saver.  I have had great feed-back from parents.

Connections to other referral forms and counseling documents:
School Counseling Referral Form by Music City School Counselor

TPT: Self-Referral for school counseling

TPT: Self-Referral Form For School Counseling

Individual Counseling Forms From Elementary School Counseling

Guide to the Referral Process (with forms)


No comments:

Post a Comment